Founded under the leadership of Archbishop Dr. Joseph Alexander, New Covenant Christian School (NCCS) was one of the first Christian schools to be established in the Bronx, NY. NCCS is the educational ministry of New Covenant Christian Church, whose leadership is driven by the conviction that children should be brought up in the way they should go so that when they are mature, they will not depart from it.
Our mission is to develop the leaders of tomorrow in a Christ-centered environment. We do so by:
- Educating students of all races and ethnic backgrounds for God’s Kingdom and service to humanity.
- Helping parents fulfill their obligation of raising their children in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
- Assisting each student in reaching his or her God–given potential in a timely manner.
- Creating a Christ-centered environment for each student’s growth and development according to God’s plan.
- Preparing students to make the choices of life according to the truth as revealed by the Word of God.
Our Pre-K to 12 institution, with 4 schools housed at 3 campuses the Bronx, is a place where students of all backgrounds can learn, grow, and develop in a Christian environment with a commitment to excellence. Each campus is co-located with a church planted by New Covenant Christian Church.
NCCS has a strong academic program and strives to provide rigorous cognitive, physical, and social education that equips our students to handle life’s challenges, attain success, and be their very best. At the Pre–Kindergarten level, we give the children a head start in preparation for more formal primary education. At the higher grades, students are prepared to positively compete with their peers in similar educational institutions as well as the public schools. Additionally, our high school is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to issue Regents Diplomas.
NCCS is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin and does not discriminate in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Interested in learning more about us? Check out our Contact Us page for details about how to reach our staff!